MONITORING FOR THE UNMONITORED
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Who We Are
Our mission at Rimot is to ensure that critical infrastructure for business and government works. We use IIoT and AI to make remote monitoring easy, insightful and valuable. We are 4 years young, venture capital backed, with customers throughout North America, partners including Motorola Solutions and Cisco, and have a great and growing team.
What you will be doing
The Chief Operating Officer will enable the operation of the business to drive extensive and sustainable growth. The COO focuses on how best to run the company, think about strategy and business planning, support governance and investment, drive revenue generation, and sustainably move the company forward.
Based out of our office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), as a key member of the senior management team that also includes Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and part-time Chief Financial Officer. The role oversees diverse business operations requiring the skills of an experienced and efficient leader ideally in technology-driven companies. Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics enable the drive to build great companies.
- Run the business planning process and regular progress reporting
- Help define and deepen the positive company culture and vision
- Empower the recruiting, development and retention of great talent
- Oversee HR policies, benefits, and stock option plans
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures for new equity and non-dilutive investment
- Develop and continuously improve corporate processes and business systems
- Develop sales forecasts and marketing plans and support the team in their attainment
- Identify and report on key performance indicators for each area of the business
- Work directly with the team to win major deals and customers
- Manage capital and expenses to ensure we meet targets for growth and profitability
- Manage partners and vendors, including as a relationship prime for many
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with key customers, partners, and other stakeholders
- Supports governance and reporting activities for Board and investors
We do have some specific requirements that include
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions – HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in start-up – fundraising a plus
- Working knowledge of IT/ business systems and processes
- Outstanding leadership abilities with a high-trust / low-ego approach
- Excellent interpersonal and written and speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Business degree, some technical background a bonus
- Gets a rush from building internationally successful technology companies
Signs you have what it takes
Strategic and GSD
You have both the ability to see and shape the big picture and the ability to be hands-on with a reputation for getting stuff done.
You are not afraid of challenging problems and attack them tenaciously with a structured and analytical approach. Uncertainty or a lack of documentation does not scare you, and you are able to fight through the challenge.
What others see as a risk or threat, you see as opportunity. You create change in creating solutions for constant improvement across the architecture.
You value being part of a great team and realize that being positive and helpful is as valuable as having great skill. You are eager to communicate clearly and confidently about innovative recommendations to improve function across the architecture.