1. Collection of Personal Information
When you visit the Site or use our Services, we collect certain Personal Information from you, both directly and by automated means.
We also collect and use non-personal information (“Client Business Data”) on behalf of our clients to provide technical services, which falls outside the scope of privacy regulations. This data may include operational data on remote site performance, weather observations, equipment logs and related information.
a. Directly collected information
In order to use the Services, we require certain information from you in order to login and access the Services. The following chart shows all of the Personal Information collected directly from users of our Services, with a corresponding description of why the information is collected, and if it is mandatory for you to provide such information:
Email address and Password
required to sign in to the Services
required for point of contact
required for point of contact
required for legal reasons
Billing and payment information
optional depending on service
Messages with our support and sales
We may retain in-app chat and email messages between you and our staff to provide support regarding the Services
User information from integrated tools
CRM and chat tool user names and details
b. Automatically collected information
If you are visiting our Site or accessing our Services, we collect the following Personal Information provided by your browser or mobile device (“Usage Information”):
- Pages accessed
- Time of visit
- Time of last visit
- Name of the owner of the IP address
- Reverse domain of the IP address
- Referring site, application, or service, including the relevant search queries that led you to the Site
- Browser information
- Operating system and device information
- IP address (from users signing in to the service, for security purposes)
If you upload images to the Site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Site can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
2. Purposes of collection, use, and disclosure
Rimot will identify the purposes for collecting Personal Information at the time or before the information is collected. We collect Personal Information for the following purposes:
a) To provide the Services to you
- We use your Personal Information for maintenance and enhancement of the Services, to provide support and to prevent or address technical or security issues.
- You are free to refuse our request for your Personal Information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of the Services without this information.
b) To communicate with you
- We may send you messages and notifications related to the Services. These include notifications that are part of the Services. You can control what these notifications are and when to receive them. We also send administrative messages regarding the Services, technical status updates and other related notifications.
- We may also send you messages or call you regarding new product features and helpful tips on using the product and to offer training and support.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with a service.
c) For payments and billing
- We collect payment and billing data from Rimot’s customers for fulfilment of payments for the Services.
d) For improvement of the Service and analytics
- To help improve the Services, the Site and to develop new features and functionality, we collect and analyze Usage Information. We also process Personal Information for analytics purposes in aggregated or anonymized form.
e) Legal basis
We process or use Personal Information only where:
- It is necessary for providing the Services.
- It is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- It is in legitimate interests of Rimot, but not in conflict of your rights as a user of our Services.
3. Cookies and tracking
If you leave a comment on our Site, you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this Site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
4. How long we retain your data
Rimot will retain Personal Information provided by clients no longer than is necessary for legal or business purposes. When this Personal Information is no longer required, it shall be destroyed, erased, or made anonymous.
If you have an account on our Site and use our Services, we store the Personal Information you provide in your user profile. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
5. What rights you have over your Personal Information
You can access and request changes/corrections to your Personal Information by sending a written request to info@Rimot.io, or by logging into your account and making any necessary changes. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If you have an account for the Services, you can request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you, including any information you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any Personal Information we hold about you. If you seek to exercise your access or correction rights, we may require additional information to confirm your identity. This information will only be used for this purpose. This does not include any information we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
6. Disclosure of your Personal Information
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Data may also be sent to data analytics partners such as Hubspot.
We do not share or disclose your Personal Information unless prior consent has been obtained from you.
We may disclose Personal Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
We also may disclose Personal Information in order to:
- protect Rimot from fraud, abuse or other criminal activity
- protect Rimot rights and property against third-party allegations and claims
- enforce our contracts and policies
- protect rights and safety of others
We may employ third-party companies and individuals on our Site – for example, analytics providers and content partners such as LinkedIn or Google. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We do not share or disclose your Personal Information to third parties except in the following situations:
a. User instructions or consent
Personal Information may be disclosed to third-parties if we are explicitly instructed to do so by you, or with your consent.
b. Third-party service providers
We may engage third-party companies service providers or business partners to process our data and to support our business. These include server and hosting providers, payment processors and customer service and management tools. Up-to-date list of our sub processors is available on request from info@Rimot.io.
c. Change of ownership
7. How we protect your Personal Information
We take security seriously and do what we can within commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, understand that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
8. What data breach procedures we have in place
We protect your data from breaches with the latest technologies using monitoring and firewall services. If we determine there has been a breach of personal information, we will comply with all applicable privacy laws with respect to notification.
9. Links to Other Sites
11. Contacting us
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions regarding our privacy practices. You can email us at info@Rimot.io
Our mailing address is:
1 Research Drive
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Canada B2Y 4M9